Wednesday 6 June 2012

At a glance. Actually, after a read.

Finally! Could find the time to use the computer and blog! All right, have lotsa things to talk about since my last post in like what, a week ago?


Well, I did my English Prelim Oral in style at Starbucks, Yishun Northpoint! I reached there at 9am, while ZiHui reached there an hour earlier. We decided to meet earlier to do some revision so I did my Maths Tutor to recap. Then shortly around 11am, WeiLun, YiYang, KuanEn and WeiXiang joined us. However, the most important person, Miss Angelia Wong, was late! And she was about an hour late! LOL. Then she bought drinks and desserts for all of us, costing a mini bomb of around $50! The worst thing was nobody wanted to eat them, so instead of wasting those yummy appetisers, heheh, I gladly tucked into them. I had a wonderful, heavy lunch of Starbucks, and I fell into love with the Ice Blended White Mocha ... -->


Hmm, I read the whole trilogy of the 'Fifty Shades' already, it was just so addictive and compelling! Though it is erotic with themes like sadism and masochism, but the storyline is the one that caught my attention. It seems fairly realistic ...yet unreal. The story starts like this : Anastasia, the protagonist, went to conduct an interview with Christian, the most eligible bachelor in her state. She finds herself attracted to his good looks yet at the same time, deeply intimdating. Little did she know, Christian is attracted to her as well, but in another way kinda impossible to believe, given his stature. Oh well, Christian started to woo her (in layman terms), but not realising that she would change his whole life in a way unexpected to him. FOREVER.
Hmm, sounds interesting right? You know, I've even written a review on it, to help dispel the negative critiques that 'Fifty Shades' is a book too mature for teens with too much sexual content. There are takeaways that we can learn from the trilogy as well. But I don't know what to do with my review now. I don't think I can just send in the review to any newspaper or magazine ... or can I? Haiz. I think I should seriously consider a career in journalism, I just LOVE scripting novels or maybe even writing a column. Hmm.
Oh, by the way, the picture on the left is of the last book in the trilogy, 'Fifty Shades Freed'. Thinking about this, I can apply English Literature skills to discuss the significance of the titles for all three books, heheh.


Oh, I have a new hobby! And that is collecting cute cartoon A4 folder files! I just can't resist the adorable images of various cartoon characters so I started buying them impulsively. But each costs the most $2, if it's too expensive, I don't think anyone will buy ... except maybe me, cause it's now my 'weakness'. I will definitely add more additions to my wonderful collection. There! My whole collection up to date -->


My yoghurt no more! Boo hoo! *cries* This is my first time I tried this yoghurt and I have to say it is just mouth-watering! I think it is nicer than the MEIJI one, just saying luhh, from my own opinion. I will confirm buy this yoghurt again! It can be eaten for breakfast and is a yummy dessert after dinner as well. Thumbs-up!





Hmm, on Monday, I had a English Literature seminar at STU, Raffles Place, and after the seminar, I had lunch with three people, which I had to admit, I didn't expect myself to. Jing Wen, Jia Yi and Vivien. Jing Wen and I met them Jia Yi and Vivien somewhere along a long stretch of food stalls. All of us were strolling with a purpose in mind : to find affordable food that we can eat. You know, Raffles is not a place for students or people with holes in their pockets! You'll need at least $8 for something filling. Well, what can we expect, it's in the CBD area. We caught up with each other figuratively, talking about school, how our school management is totally screwed up, blah blah blah. It was a joy to relax and just chill. And I didn't go for my English supplementary, heheh. English just can't be taught, it's either you have a good grasp of English, or you don't.

Then Tuesday, after Lit seminar as well, we ate Subway. Surprisingly, it was fairly empty, with the occasional customers. JiaYi, Vivien and I were their BEST customers. We hogged their tables for the longest time, chatting away, heheh. Oh, Vivien is such a good astronomer. JOKING! She just knows a lot about astrology. And she can read the Stars. Hmm, she told us what our signs meant and I have to say she's quite good. Vivien read everything about our signs by heart! Maybe she can further a career in this aspect, if there are even such careers, heheh.

All right, I think this is my longest post to date, hahah. Shall end here, seeya soon!~

~ANGELICDEVIL~

No comments:

Post a Comment