Saturday 18 August 2012

Fell from cloud nine.

Back again.
Well, I got back by O'level Mother Tongue (MT) and Direct Poly Admission (DPA) results yesterday and I was happy yet ... miserable.
I attained a B3, with a Distinction for my Oral for MT. I had expected a B3 for my Mother Tongue written exams, for my Chinese isn't that awesome in the first place. So I just predicted a B3, which came true. An A would be an added bonus for me. But getting a distinction was JUST AMAZING! I HAD NEVER EXPECTED TO GET A DISTINCTION! In fact, I was afraid I would even fail it! So it was PURE JOY AND ASTONISHMENT to me! (:
However, the worst was to come. At 2pm, I logged onto the DPA Portal to retrieve my results, and reality hit me. I wasn't accepted into my desired course. I fell from cloud nine. That day, I just kept thinking of how my life would change if I was accepted. Being accepted, I need not have to work so hard to get all As for my subjects as well, the criteria would be much more lenient. Now, as the cut off point is a 10, I am so gonna die, trying to get excellent results! Or else, I couldn't get into my favourite course. Even till now, I keep questioning myself where did I go wrong during the interview. Why couldn't I meet their pre-requisities?! Haiz. )):
So yeah. Oh, my English exam went smoothly I guess. I had no hiccups, and finished Section One of my compo in like 30mins? I was literally rushing to complete it, lest I had a lack of time. But I bet my storyline is so unrealistic.
The question was , " Write about a time where you were treated unfairly but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise." And you know what I wrote?
Student councillors in my school were going on a trip to New York --> the coaches had no seat for me --> I cabbed to the airport --> missed the plane --> terrorists hijacked the plane --> plane crashed into the North Tower --> everyone on board died --> except me. hehehe.
Isn't it like WHATTT?! Actually, I wanted to link the essay to 9/11, but unfortunately, after I handed up my scripts did I realise I had totally missed that part out. Oh well.
So, shall end here. Need rush over to granny's house. Seeya all! ^~^

~ANGELICDEVIL~

No comments:

Post a Comment