Friday 20 April 2012

Childhood Nostalgia

Heyyy, hi people, don't ask me why am I back here like less than 12hours. All I know is I felt a sudden urge to blog, going crazy soon.
Actually I think I've found a way to update almost everyday, but let's see whether it will work.
Was ransacking through my old stuff that I've kept since Primary school. Actually, it's because i'm kinda like a karang guni, keeping old stuff and not bearing to throw them away hahah. Anyways, I came across my spiderweb-filled journal, and realised how I've grown in my thoughts. Lemme read to you one of my many entries.
"I found a crab spider near my small fountain. It had spinned a web. I thought it would be fun to blow at the web. So I blew at it till the web drop. But the spider did not drown. It spinned another web. But this time it spin a straight web. I thought it was odd. After a few min, when I went to find the spider, it was missing. My sister helped me find it. The spider had drowned. My sister scolded me for blowing at the web. I felt pitful for the crab spider. I wish more spiders will come and help my family to eat the flies."
So childlike thoughts! I realised how adorable my thinking was, and it was evident in my last sentence, heheh.
Another entry. "When I got back my exam results, I was shocked. My Eng scored 41.5/48. My Maths, 93/100. My Chinese, 45/50. My Sci, 47.5/50. But my overall English results were 85/100!!! I just passed!! But I was glad to get band 1. But I was also sad to have got 90 marks and below. My parents were angry and sad. They said I will not be in the top 3. But I must try to be in the top 3 at least." This entry shows how I tried to live up to my parents' expectations. And it shows how competitive I was.
Reading through all my entries, I recalled my childhood, mostly guarded by the cane I was so afraid of, and with no life. All I did was study, study AND STUDY. But I still turned out to be ... stupid? Okay okay, lemme use 'not smart'. If not I would know how to cycle and swim now. Haiz.
If only I can do as well now like what I did in Primary school, it would be so much better. Double haiz.
I shall stop pouring out my woes and stop sighing. I must remain optimistic. I still have O'levels to prove myself wrong! Okays, seeya! ^~^

Quote : What's the use of knowledge when you don't have the basic survival skills? ~ANGELICDEVIL~

No comments:

Post a Comment