Saturday 19 May 2012

One HUGE regret.

Hi, here again, after about a week? Couldn't access the Net till today. Sad yeah. So my post today would be longer than usual.
Hmm, well with my O'level Chinese exam on the 28th May, me have been having Mock exams after mock. Till This Thursday. Super tiring (cause it's Chinese!!!) but the good thing is that we, the graduating batch can do our Mocks in the Hall, and it's air-conditioned. LOL.
Was reading the newspaper some time back and a piece of news shot out. Chris Hemsworth and his wife, Elsa Pataky, named their newborn baby girl, India! You know, I can't help feeling that the name is a little weird for their daughter but oh well. Can't do anything either.
For the past few days, I have bought cookies! From SUBWAY and 7-ELEVEN!!! Yummy, delicious, palatable, savory and delectable! Though they all mean the same, heehee. Shall buy more when I have the money. Can't wait for that to happen.




My class has finally received our class jacket! It's Royal Blue with yellow fonts. Talking about this, we were intending the colour to be dark blue, similar to the one below. It would fit better with the bright yellow fonts. Because of our busy schedules, Mirian and I couldn't head down to the supplier to check the colour of the jacket. Well, as he told us that the royal blue colour that he had is nice, we believed him. I mean the making of this jacket was the third time we made from him, and the earlier two batches of class tees had no major problem, so we just gave him the go-ahead. But when he headed down to his shop at Queensway Shopping Centre, uhoh, from afar I saw this bright blue colour and a nagging feeling was within me, that it was our class jackets. True enough, it was. Though when we gave out the jackets to the class, there were no violent objections, I still felt that I was responsible to confirm the colour of the jackets. That I should have went down to check the colour. Haiz. But from this experience, I learnt one more thing, I LOVE MY CLASS EVEN MORE. THEY'RE WONDERFUL! Everyone was cooperative, from the collection of the money to the colour of the jackets (that might have been a little gay on the guys)! That's what I love about my class -- there's mutual understanding and everyone compromises to make it work. Nobody just wants everyone to just follow their ideas.




So yesterday was my school's Cross Country Run. The whole school headed down to MacRitchie Reservoir to run the 3.2km route. The top 10 girls and boys respectively from each level would get a trophy, and the top 6 from the champion house of each level and each gender would get a medal. I sooo badly wanted that trophy as I haven't got anything since Secondary One! That pathetic. Thus, being kiasu, I headed to the front of the pack and when the horn was sounded to signal the start of the Run, I headed off. Maintaining my distance from the first few, I counted and realised I was in the Top 10. This continued till I could take it no longer, they were too fast for me. Those in front of me were from Sports CCAs, me, being the only one in Chinese Orchestra and with no training whatsoever. My only trainings were my once-a-week PE lessons.
Approximately 1.5km into the race, I started lagging behind. Before the route of the last 1.2km, there was a steep, rocky terrain, uphill slope, and I couldn't take it, so I stopped and walked. Then 3 girls from my level surpassed me, and I knew I had no chance left to win a trophy. But I might still be able to clinch a medal. So the moment I was on flat concrete ground, I started speeding up, slowing down a few times along the way, but no other girls from my level passed me. At the end, as it was downhill, I just sped down and collected my position card. I was in 14th position! I FELT SO GLAD ... till I realised that I wouldn't be able to get a medal as well. My house wasn't the champion house. SHIT. I was 4th from in my category lehhh! They should at least give a medal to the top Five of each category right?!?! I sulked for the next hour, wishing I could have done better. DAMN DAMN DAMN.
Now, since I've read the Hunger Games, I moved on to find another trilogy, and since there was a slight furore about FIFTY SHADES OF GREY, I borrowed it from my friend and read it. In the beginning chapters, it seems like any other romance book till the explicit scenes came. The critics were not kidding. Whole chapters were dedicated to sexual scenes and I was kinda disgusted, a little. How can E.L JAMES write it so explicitly?! She couldn't have been writing it down while doing IT right? OHMY. Well, but the storyline is addictive. And I'll still read the trilogy. NOT BECAUSE I'M HORNY or whatever (for your info, I just scan through those explicit scenes till they end), but because I wanna see how this will end. There're many internal and external conflicts in this novel and it seems interesting to read on.
So yeap, shall end off here.
Seeya soon!~

~ANGELICDEVIL~

No comments:

Post a Comment